I’ve been honored with an award from an awesome new friend of mine and fellow blogger, Pamela V. Mason, who’s much more of a whiz at social media than I’ll ever be. Thanks, Pamela, for the cool award and for your generous support of my writing.
Here are the Versatile Blogger Rules:
1.Thank and link to the person who nominated you. (Done. See above)
2. Share 7 random facts about yourself. Okay, let’s take a trip back in time, waay back… Oh, never mind!
1) I only ever really knew one grandparent, my maternal grandmother, whom we called Granny. She lived next door and was one of the biggest influences of my youth.
2) I began wearing glasses in the second grade, after my mother discovered I couldn’t locate a helicopter in the sky.
3) I learned to read at age three by sitting with my sister, Sue, and watching as she practiced her first grade primers. Same with abc’s. Learned from observing her drawing them over and over. To this day, I’m a visual learner.
4) I’m the fourth of four children.
5) Five years after my daddy died, I met the boy who would eventually become my husband. I was fourteen.
6) We lived in a semi-rural area and didn’t have a lot of houses near us, but the next door neighbors had six kids. Boy did we have fun!
7) These days, I average cooking about a meal a day, for the seven days of the week. Usually dinner, with the occasional big breakfast thrown in, which includes baking biscuits or muffins from scratch.
3. Pass the award on to 5 newfound blogging buddies. Hmm. This could be a bit more problematic. It’s the ‘newfound’ bit. I haven’t had time to do much blog-hopping for new blogs. So, maybe I’ll fudge a teensy smidge.
1) My friend, Gail Dayton, for her blog Dreaming in Daylight. It always amazes me how she can turn a little walk on the beach into an interesting blog post.
2) My blogging sister at Petit Fours and Hot Tamales, Linsey Lanier for her blog, aptly titled Linsey Lanier’s blog. She’s jumped into the wily world of self-publishing too!
3) Randy Jeanne over at Randy Writes Romance. A terrific lady I first met on the internet, then in person. She has a wonderful sense of humor and writes such fun chick-lit, laugh-out-loud books! Check out her awesome new website and two new releases, Stealing Amy and Lights! Cameras! Love!
4) A new-to-me blog: Brenda Drake Writes but I like what I’ve seen so far. Brenda writes YA and enjoys her coffee. 🙂 She also puts heart in her posts. If she does the same in her fiction writing, she’ll have books out soon.
5) And last, but certainly not because she’s least in any way, my good friend, Susan May, who blogs a lot more consistently than I do and is one of the best evah! people I know.
4. Contact the winners to congratulate them. (Heading that way now.)
Awww….LOVE that you met your husband when you were fourteen. That’s simply amazing. And thanks for including me on this–of to work on my post!
Wow, thank you for the kind words! I love tears in my coffee in the morning. I started wearing glasses at a young age too, but then I had PRK and have bionic eyes. 😀
Congrats on your award! I read this yesterday and thought I commented. But yesterday was crazy, so obviously not.
Yeah, Randy, I was practically an infant. LOL!!!
You’re welcome, Brenda. I got Lasix surgery and still have to wear glasses, though I can actually function okay around the house without them. Before? Not so much unless I wanted to run into things. 🙂
Salty coffee, eh? Bet that was different.
No problem, Carol K. Just glad you take the time to comment. So many don’t. 😦
Thanks for my Award, Carol!